TIDA-00987 is a reference design for Automotive Media Ports that require data transfer. This design has the capability to support USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 data through a 15W USB Type-C™ port. Customers can accelerate their media port systems by taking advantage of a complete reference design comprised of analog AEC-Q100 qualified integrated circuits (ICs) that are CISPR 25 Class 5 tested. This design creates a robust, flexible solution which allows the system to charge both USB Type-C and legacy devices all within a small 1in x 2.5in solution.
- The LM74610-Q1 smart diode emulates an ideal diode rectifier and protects downstream devices in the case of reverse polarity.
- The TPS25810-Q1 and TPS254900-Q1 provide negotiation over the CC1/CC2 and D+/D- lines respectively to enable charging of either USB Type-C or legacy downstream devices.
- Small solution size based on typical media interface board dimensions of 2.5in x 1in.
- The components in this system provide Short-to-Battery protection and load dump protection against input transients up to 40V.
- By combining the HD3SS3212 with the TPD4E05U06-Q1 and optimized layout, this design demonstrates SuperSpeed compatibility with the USB Type-C connector without signal degradation.
- The automotive grade LM53635-Q1 optimizes the power supply through its unique Hotrod package and reduces parasitics in order to mitigate EMI without interfering with AM or FM band frequencies.