The TIDA-01281 reference design is low cost, high efficiency, isolated RS-485, I2C & CAN communication module solution intended for use in industrial systems such as Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) and energy storage banks that require isolated communication and isolated power for RS-485/I2C/CAN transceivers. The design has on-board C2000-Piccolo microcontroller for handling the communications protocol for each of interfaces. The board has in-built, low component count, high efficiency, primary side controlled isolated power supply to generate secondary power for communication transceivers eliminating the need for opto-coupler feedback circuits.
The TIDA-01281 design is tested for data transmission under various conditions and under EFT and ESD environment, highlighting the performance of TI devices for robust data transmission in harsh environments.
- Simple, efficient, and flexible isolated communication module for RS-485, CAN and I2C interface
- Robust isolation performance for reliable operation in harsh environments meeting functional Isolation and Immunity of 4000-VPK & 2500-VRMS, 560VPK working voltage
- Common Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) of 50 kV/us, for high immunity in noisy environments
- Meets IEC-61000-4-2: ESD ±8kV contact discharge and indirect discharge by HCP and VCP , and IEC-61000-4-4: EFT ± 2kV for RS485 and ±1kV for CAN
- A standalone control card with analog and digital interface of C2000 device for test and validation of power stages used in UPS, telecom rectifier, server PSU and battery management system