This Near Field Communications (NFC) reference design outlines the required components, layout considerations, and provides firmware examples to implement NFC into applications for extracting NFC Data Exchange Format (NDEF) data from transponders, implement a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) connection or emulate an NFC transponder. NFC simplifies BluetoothTM and WiFi connections, enables interactive consumer displays, and standardizes the format of data transfers. The documentation, hardware, and example code provided allows the designer to quickly implement NFC functionality with an MSP430 or other MCU of choice. This design is based on the TRF7970ATB design.
- Integrated PCB antenna
- U.FL connector allows customers to develop and connect an antenna of their own design
- Test points for SPI code development/debug
- Onboard +3VDC to +5VDC boost converter allows evaluation at full power
- Use with NFCLink (a complete NFC Software Suite) for reading and writing NFC transponders to demonstrate Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and Card Emulation (CE) modes
- Design is tested and includes firmware, GUI Software, hardware design, and user's guide