This TI CerTIfied Reference Design implements a two channel combined voltage and current analog output module. The two outputs are independent and can both source and sink voltage and current over the standard industrial output ranges. While the design has been characterized with outputs of ±10 V and ±24 mA, output ranges of 0-5 V, 0-10 V, ±5 V, ±10 V.4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-24 mA, ±20 mA, ±24 mA are possible by adjusting external resistor values.
The design includes the necessary external protection elements required to pass the IEC61000-4-2/3/4/5/6 tests along with the measured test data. The protection circuitry does not negatively affect the design and test results showed typical unadjusted errors were <0.1% of the full-scale range (FSR) and calibrated errors were less than 0.01% FSR.
- Contains Theory, Component Selection, Error Calculations, Schematic and PCB Layout, Measured Performance Results, and EMC/EMI Test Results
- 16-bit resolution digital input voltage and current analgot output driver
- ±15 V Supply, Combined ±10 V and ±24 mA output
- Sources and sinks voltage and current on a combined output connection
- Galvanically isolated using ISO7641
- Passes IEC61000-4-2/3/4/5/6 tests and includes measured test data