This CerTIfied Reference Design is a 16-bit loop-powered, or 2-wire, transmitter using the DAC8551 and XTR116. The design includes a protection circuit that provides immunity to the IEC61000-4 test suite. The design also includes a circuit to rectify a reverse polarity power supply. The protection circuit and rectifier do not negatively affect the current output performance, resulting in <0.15% total unadjusted error (TUE).
- 16-bit, loop-powered 4-20mA transmitter
- 7.5-36V loop supply voltage
- <0.15% total unadjusted error (TUE)
- Verified to pass IEC61000-4-2/3/4/6 tests
- Functional with reverse polarity supply connection