The TPS54386EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a dual non-synchronous buck converter providing fixed 5.0-V and 3.3-V output at up to 2 A each from a 12-V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply, so no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS54386 Dual Non-Synchronous Buck Converter with Integral High-Side FET.
TPS54386EVM is designed to use a regulated 12-V (+10% / -20%) bus to produce two regulated power
rails, 5.0 V and 3.3 V at up to 2 A of load current each. TPS54386EVM is designed to demonstrate the TPS54386 in a typical 12-V bus system while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS54386 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to other input or output voltages by changing some of the components.
- 12-V (+10% / -20%) Input Range
- 5.0-V and 3.3-V Fixed Output Voltage, Adjustable with Resistor Change
- 2-ADC Steady State Output Current (3 A Peak)
- 600-kHz Switching Frequency (fixed by TPS54386)
- Internal Switching MOSFET and External Rectifier Diode
- Double Sided 2 Active Layer PCB (all components on top side, test point signals routed on internal layers)
- Active Converter Area Less than 1.8 Square Inches (0.89" x 1.97")
- Convenient Test Points (used for probing switching waveforms and non-invasive loop response testing)