TPS74801 LDO linear regulator evaluation module
- TPS74701EVM-177 and TPS74801EVM-177 User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 214 KB)
04 Dec 2007
The TPS74801EVM-177 evaluation module (EVM) facilitates evaluation of the TPS74801 low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator.
The TPS74801 regulator requires a low-power bias voltage, VBIAS, and a power input voltage, VIN. The regulator can provide output voltages down to 0.8 V and has an integrated supervisory circuit with open-drain output that goes to a high-impedance state when the output voltage reaches regulation (power good or PG). The TPS74801 can provide up to 1.5 A of DC current.
- Ultra-low VIN and VOUT range from 0.8 V to 5.5 V
- VBIAS range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low-dropout voltage of 60 mV typical at 1.5 A and 5-V VBIAS.
- Power good (PG) output allows supply monitoring or provides a sequencing signal for other supplies
- 2% accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Programmable soft-start provides a linear voltage startup
- VBIAS allows low VIN operation with good transient response
- Stable with any output capacitor that is greater than or equal to 2.2 µF
- Available in a small 3-mm by 3-mm by 1-mm, 10-pin SON package