The TPSM63606EVM high-density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the TPSM63606 36-V, 6-A synchronous buck DC/DC buck power module. The EVM operates over a wide input voltage range of 3 V to 36 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 1% setpoint accuracy and up to 6-A output current. The TPSM63606 offers advanced package and pinout design for improved EMI performance, high efficiency and high reliability. Several features to improve protection of the regulator during fault conditions include undervoltage lockout (UVLO), internal soft-start, hiccup-mode overcurrent protection (OCP) and thermal shutdown. An open-drain PGOOD indicator, precision enable, external bias option, RT-adjustable switching frequency, and SYNC IN functionality are also provided.
- Wide input voltage range of 3 V to 36 V
- 5-V default output voltage (jumper adjustable to 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 12 V)
- Output current up to 6 A
- 1-MHz default switching frequency (jumper adjustable to 500 kHz, 750 kHz, 1.5 MHz or 2 MHz)
- Input EMI filter included for CISPR 32 Class B conducted emissions
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with small solution footprint