UCC28730 Primary Side Flyback Controller with UCC24650 Secondary Side Wake Up
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The UCC28730EVM-552 evaluation module is a 10-W off-line discontinuous mode (DCM) flyback converter that provides constant-voltage (CV) and constant-current (CC) output regulation without the use of an optical coupler. The primary side controller detects a wake-up signal from the secondary side voltage droop monitor UCC24650 for improved transient response to large load steps. The EVM demonstrates how the UCC28730 can provide ultra-low standby power without sacrificing start-up time or output transient response with an internal 700-V start-up switch, dynamically controlled operating states, and a tailored modulation profile.
- Less than 5mW of no-load power
- Primary side regulation eliminates opto-coupler
- Wake-up detection helps minimize no-load switching frequency and output capacitance
- +/-5% voltage and current regulation across line and load
- Resonant ring valley switching operation for highest overall efficiency