The UCC28730EVM-552 evaluation module is a 10-W off-line discontinuous mode (DCM) flyback converter that provides constant-voltage (CV) and constant-current (CC) output regulation without the use of an optical coupler. The primary side controller detects a wake-up signal from the secondary side voltage droop monitor UCC24650 for improved transient response to large load steps. The EVM demonstrates how the UCC28730 can provide ultra-low standby power without sacrificing start-up time or output transient response with an internal 700-V start-up switch, dynamically controlled operating states, and a tailored modulation profile.
- Less than 5mW of no-load power
- Primary side regulation eliminates opto-coupler
- Wake-up detection helps minimize no-load switching frequency and output capacitance
- +/-5% voltage and current regulation across line and load
- Resonant ring valley switching operation for highest overall efficiency