UCC28780 active clamp flyback converter 45W EVM with UCC24612 and Si MOSFET
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the UCC28780EVM-021
(PDF 1952 KB)
15 May 2018
The UCC28780EVM-021 is a 45-W evaluation module (EVM) for evaluating an off-line active-clamp flyback adapter for notebook charging and other applications. The EVM meets CoC Tier 2 and DoE Level 6 efficiency requirements. It is intended for evaluation purposes and is not intended to be an end product. The UCC28780EVM-021 converts input voltage of 90-VRMS to 264-VRMS down to 20-VDC, with a 2.25-A nominal output current rating and a 160-ms limit for over-power capability. The main devices used in this design are active clamp flyback controller UCC28780, SR controller UCC24612, and Si MOSFETs.
- 45-W, 20-V AC-to-DC converter using active-clamp flyback controller, Si MOSFET Power IC, and synchronous rectification.
- High Efficiency (> 93%), High Power Density (> 20W/in3), Low Standby Power (55mW), and High Switching Frequency (300kHz).
- Exceeds EU Code of Conduct and US Department of Energy efficiency requirements.
- Adaptive Burst Mode feature maintains high efficiency even at light loads.
- This evaluation module is tested and orderable and includes a User's Guide.