This single layer reference design is for pedestal fan and other similar appliances and has board size of 2-inch diameter and an integrated controller that reduces the component count. In addition, sensorless control eliminates the need for hall sensors and has multiple protection features such as Over Current Protection, Under Voltage Lock Out, Over Temperature Protection, each enhancing the robustness of this design. This reference design works for 8 V to 24 V input voltage with capability of providing 3 A (peak)/2 A (rms) phase current.
- Nominal voltage: 24 V, with 3 A peak phase current
- Single Layer Board
- Compact size: Diameter of 2 inch
- Protections: Over Current Protection, Motor Lock detect, Voltage Surge, Over Temperature Protection, Under Voltage Lock Out
- TI's proprietary sensorless sinusoidal drive for optimum efficiency and low acoustic noise
- Tested reference design which includes a Design Guide that describes its operation