Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) payment terminals require features such as authenticated boot, tamper detection, DDR encryption and more. The EPOS reference design provides faster time to market with a processor that helps customers meet PCI-PTS and EMV requirements. This AM438x processor enables developers to design systems that meet Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification. The AM438x processors provides scalability with various processors speeds and compatible software to satisfy low- to high-end applications, along with ample connectivity including key peripherals required for payment terminals such as smart card and magnetic card reader.
- TI Sitara AM438x processor with integrated features help customers design point-of-sale applications
- ARM® Cortex®-A9 based processor with 300MHz, 600MHz and 1GHz speeds, as well as 3D graphics and PRU options
- Processor Software Development Kit (SDK) for Linux® development
- Smart card and magnetic card reader, along with other peripherals such as touchscreen display, keypad, USB, Ethernet and more
- Includes TI TPS65218 power management IC and TCA5013 smart card PHY devices