SimpleLinkTM Thread wireless MCUs
Thread is an IP-based, low-power wireless mesh network for home and building automation
- Lowest power thread platform
- Multi-year operation on a coin cell battery
- Enhanced sensor controller for ultra-low power
- The CC26x2 SDK contains the OpenThread stack
- Regular contributions to the open thread community
What is Thread?
Thread is an open standard created for reliable, cost-effective, and low-power communication in home and building automation:
- Secure, wireless mesh network protocol
- Open IPv6 based protocol allows for easy connection with existing networks
- Easy to use smart-phone commissioning
- Supports wireless device to device, device to mobile, and device to cloud communication
Sleepy end devices
Battery operated nodes that only communicate through a parent node that the Leader designated.
Router-eligible end devices
Ability to turn into a Router to ensure there is no single point of failure in the mesh network.
Routes packets within the Thread network and enables/accepts new devices joining the network.
Provides connectivity to adjacent networks (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc.). Routes packets in and out of the Thread network.
Say hello to faster network prototyping
Create secure, low-power, multi-band sensor networks in minutes with our new LaunchPad SensorTag Kits. This fully enclosed, battery-operated wireless prototpying platform can jumpstart your development with out-of-the-box battery-operation and on-board sensors.
OpenThread is an open source implementation of Thread released by Nest. OpenThread is distributed on GitHub and the software is available under a BSD license. We contribute all OpenThread development efforts to the OpenThread community.
Support and training