The editing toolbar gives the user the ability to do the following:
1) Zoom: Zooms the schematic centered around the current view. This is also accessible from the right click menu.
2) Fit: Zooms to fit the entire schematic into the viewable area.
3) Pan: After clicking the Pan tool, click and drag the schematic to reposition it.
4) Select: After clicking the Select tool, it allows the user to do the following to the schematic:
A) Click and drag the mouse to select an area. Anything touched by the drag box will be selected.
B) Click to select an individual component or wire.
C) Add more to the selection by pressing the control key while clicking on additional components or wires. Can also remove individual items from a selection using this control/click feature.
D) After selecting items, they can be moved by clicking and dragging with the mouse.
5) Rotate: Rotate a selected component. May also be done using the shift r key combination.
6) Delete: Delete selected components and/or wires. May also be done using the delete key.
7) Copy: Copy selected components and/or wires. May also be done using the control c key combination.
8) Cut (not in toolbar): Cut selected components and/or wires using the control x key combination.
9) Paste: Paste copied or cut components and/or wires. May also be done using the control v key combination.
10) Wire: Place wires in the schematic. Click and release to start, click for each vertex and hit escape key to end after the last vertex is placed. May also be started by using the w key.
11) Resistor, capacitor, inductor and diode: Place respective components in the schematic. May also be done using the r, c, l and d keys respectively. A component which is newly placed will have no value so the user must use the select alternate component feature (right click menu) in order to select a component or enter a custom value.
12) Undo: Reverses the last operation.
13) File menu:
A) Save the design. Note that any changes to the schematic are not automatically saved unless the user manually saves, or goes to another page within the WEBENCH Designer application. So remember to save often.
B) Get a PDF design report.
14) Show/Hide menu: Can toggle various indicators and labels on and off within the schematic.
15) Place part / passives: Place a passive component on the schematic