TMP116x High-Accuracy, Low-Power, Digital Temperature Sensor With SMBus- and I2C-Compatible Interface
SBOS740 – May2017
- TMP116 Accuracy Without Calibration:
- ±0.2°C (max) From –10°C to +85°C
- ±0.25°C (max) From –40°C to +105°C
- ±0.3°C (max) From +105°C to +125°C
- TMP116N Accuracy Without Calibration:
- ±0.3°C (max) From –25°C to +85°C
- ±0.4°C (max) From –40°C to +125°C
- Low Quiescent Current:
- 3.5-μA, 1-Hz Conversion Cycle
- 250-nA Shutdown Current
- Supply Range: 1.9 V to 5.5 V
- Resolution: 16 Bits at 0.0078°C (1 LSB)
- Programmable Temperature Alert Limits
- General-Purpose EEPROM: 64 Bits
- NIST Traceability
- SMBus™, I2C Interface Compatibility
- Environmental Monitoring and Thermostats
- Asset Tracking and Cold Chain
- Gas Meters and Heat Meters
- Test and Measurement
- RTDs Replacement: PT100, PT500, PT1000
- Cold-Junction Compensation of Thermocouples
The TMP116 (TMP116, TMP116N) is a family of low-power, high-precision temperature sensors with integrated EEPROM memory. The TMP116 provides a 16-bit temperature result with a resolution of 0.0078°C and an accuracy of up to ±0.2°C with no calibration. The TMP116 is I2C- and SMBus-interface compatible, has programmable alert functionality, and can support up to four devices on a single bus.
The TMP116 consumes minimal current that, in addition to providing power savings, minimizes self-heating and improves measurement accuracy. The TMP116 operates from 1.9 V to 5.5 V and typically consumes 3.5 µA.
Across the device operating temperature range of –55°C to +125°C, the TMP116 exceeds the accuracy of a class A RTD, while consuming less than one fifth of the typical excitation current for a PT100 RTD. The TMP116 is easier to use than RTDs, eliminating the need for calibration, external circuitry, matched traces, and Kelvin connections.
The TMP116 units are 100% tested on a production setup that is NIST traceable and verified with equipment that is calibrated to ISO/IEC 17025 accredited standards.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TMP116||WSON (6)||2.00 mm x 2.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback