CODECS - Video and Speech- C64x+-based Devices (OMAP35x, C645x, C647x, DM646, DM644x, DM643x) C64XPLUSCODECS (ACTIVE)
TI codecs are free, come with production licensing and are available for download now. All are production-tested for easy integration into video and voice applications. Click GET SOFTWARE button (above) to access the most recent, tested codec versions available. Datasheets and Release Notes are on that page, as well as in each installer.
For best design results, find the codec(s) optimized for your platform. If none are available, click GET SOFTWARE button (above) for codecs optimized for TI C64x+ core-based devices (i.e. most devices in the OMAP35x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C647x, TMS320DM646x, TMS320DM644x and TMS320DM643x families).
- For codecs optimized for DaVinci, OMAP or C55x processors, go to Codecs Current Inventory.
- For DM648 devices, see DM648 Codecs (XDM v0.9).
- For DM642 devices, the older, unsupported DM642 Evaluation Codecs are available by request.
C64x+ Codecs offer:
- LINUX and WINDOWS installers
- XDC packaged and validated on a standard EVM in a Codec Engine-based test
- All codecs are eXpressDSP™ compliant and implement one of the XDM 1.x interfaces
- Performance data are specified in each codec Datasheet
IMPORTANT NOTE: The codecs available by clicking GET SOFTWARE button (above) are the most recent, tested versions TI currently offers. In addition, versions of TI codecs are also provided in most TI Software Development Kits (SDK). SDKs are fundamental software bundles for evaluation and development on each of TI's processor platforms. Remember that the codec versions in the SDKs may or may not be the most current available.