powerSUITE - Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000 MCUs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
powerSUITE is a suite of digital power supply design software tools for Texas Instruments' C2000™ real-time microcontroller (MCU) family. powerSUITE(TM) helps power supply engineers drastically reduce development time as they design digitally-controlled power supplies based on C2000™ real-time control MCUs. Many power supply designers are transitioning from analog-based power supply designs to digital-based designs and intuitive tools are needed to assist in the evaluation phase, the development phase, and the testing phase of the design.
powerSUITE consists of three tools designed to help engineers more easily traverse through the different design stages of a digital power supply systems:
The Solution Adapter allows modification of existing code examples from TI’s C2000 digital power library and allows for configuration for a custom digital power board design. This tool steps through the process of selecting the power topology to adapt, selecting the relevant options for that topology (such as magnetic values), and allowing for customization of those options to adapt the solution to a custom design.
The Compensation Designer allows the design of different styles of compensators (ex: PID, 2p2z, 3p3z) to achieve the desired closed loop performance. This can be done using the measured plant data from the SFRA Tool or the modeled power stage as part of the Solution Adapter Tool. The coefficients that need to be programmed on the device are generated by the Solution Adapter and can be copied into the code directly.
The Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) enables the measurement of the open loop gain of a closed loop digitally controller power converter using software. This makes measurement of the bandwidth, the gain margin, and the phase margin of your power supply design quick and easy.
- Simplifies the development, design and tuning of digital power converters
- Includes software tools that enable adaption of code examples developed for TI development kits to custom design
- Solution Adapter
- Compensation Designer
- Software Frequency Response Analyzer
To get started with powerSUITE:
- For controlSUITE
- Download the latest version of controlSUITE.
- Open CCS and go to View>TI Resource Explorer.
- Select controlSUITE and browse to the powerSUITE folder.
- Click on one of the powerSUITE tool icons to get started.
- Download Code Composer Studio™ IDE Note: powerSUITE requires CCS V6.1 or newer with GUI Composer support. Customers using CCSv7 will need to install GC v1 Runtime into CCSv7 from the CCS App Center. This is a post-install step required before powerSUITE can be used.
- For DigitalPower SDK
- Download the latest version of the SDK
- Install Code Composer Studio
- Run Code Composer Studio and browse the TI Resource Explorer