powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Compensation Designer Tool for C2000 MCUs COMPENSATION_DESIGNER (ACTIVE)
The Compensation Designer is one of several tools included in the powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000™ Microcontrollers. The Compensation Designer allows you to design multiple digital compensators and modify the control loop performance. The Compensation Designer can be invoked in two ways:
- Launch Standalone:
- Download controlSUITE.
- Navigate to the powerSUITE section of controlSUITE and click on the Compensation Designer icon.
- When invoked in standalone mode, the Compensation Designer uses data from the Software Frequency Response Analyzer for the plant information.
- To understand how the Software Frequency Response Analyzer and the Compensation Designer work together, a case study is outlined in “Chapter 5: Case Study” of the User’s Guide.
- Launch from the Solution Adapter inside powerSUITE:
- Follow the steps on the Solution Adapter tool page.
- Double click on the Compensation Designer icon from within the final step of the configuration process.
- When invoked from within the Solution Adapter tool, the Compensation Designer tool can model the plant based on the power stage parameters specified on the Solution Adapter GUI. This provides initial values for the compensation before running the system in closed loop. Alternatively, measured data from the Software Frequency Response Analyzer can also be used to verify the model and design.
- For details on how to use the Compensation Designer with an existing TI development kit, you can refer to the user guide for the development kit and browse to the “Customize Solution Using powerSUITE” section
- For details on the compensation styles available and the exact transforms used refer to “Chapter 4: Compensation Designer” in the User’s Guide.
If you have questions, feel free to post them on the C2000 E2E Forum.
NOTE: Microsoft .Net version 4.5 or later is required to run the compensation designer.
- Graphical tool for designing a digital compensator
- Integrates with powerSUITE’s Software Frequency Response Analyzer to measure the actual values of the plant and design a digital compensator accordingly.
- The Compensation Designer is included as part of powerSUITE