View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Small Form Factor, 2-Wire, 4- to 20-mA Current-Loop, RTD Temperature Transmitter (Rev. A)
(PDF 16567 KB)
11 Nov 2014 544 views
This is a reference design for a robust, low power, precise and long-term stable 2-wire loop powered 4 to 20mA current output temperature transmitter. It uses RTD temperature sensor with 4 to 20mA current loop transmitter. It also explains sensor signal conditioning, ratiometric measurement technique, recommended software flow, calibration, sensor linearization, PCB layout and other practical design considerations. Furthermore, external protection circuitry is deployed in-place for compliance with regulatory IEC61000-4 standards – EFT, ESD and Surge requirements. EMC compliance to IEC61000-4 is necessary to ensure that the design not only survives but also performs as intended in the harsh/noisy industrial environment. All the relevant design files like Schematics, BOM, Layer plots, Altium files, Gerber and MSP430 MCU software have also been provided to the users.
- Small form factor (L X W): 71.12mm X 6mm
- Sensor input compatible with 2-, 3- or 4-wire RTD probes
- Connects to any RTD from PT100 to PT1000
- Maximum measured error: 0.2°C
- Output resolution: 0.76µA
- Input power supply range: 10V to 33V DC