- Current Transducer With DC Analog Inputs and Digital Outputs Design Guide
(PDF 2708 KB)
26 Aug 2015 288 views
The TIDA-00454 TI design demonstrates using the MSP430F67791A device to accurately measure voltages and currents.
This design also demonstrates using two DC analog output channels, which are capable of being individually configured for voltage output (±10 V) or current output (±24 mA).
The design has six digital outputs that can be used to drive relays. The functionality of the design can be extended to measure power.
The advantages of this design is that it is a complete system for measuring voltages and currents and providing a DC analog output proportional to the AC inputs.
Another advantage of this design is the bidirectional DC analog output.
- MSP430F67791A System-on-Chip (SOC) with 6 simultaneous Delta-Sigma ADCs for 3 currents and Voltages measurement
- Dual-Output 16-Bit DAC8563 , XTR300 and ISO7341FC based. Programmable DC Voltage or Current output; ±10-V DC or ±24 mA; Unidirectional or Bidirectional
- Digital Outputs – Six Open Collector Outputs for Driving Relays, Pulse and provided as open collector
- Voltage Measurement Range: 10% to 120% of Rated Voltage (230V)
- Current Measurement Range: 5% to 200% of Rated current (5A)
- On board Current transformer and Potential divider provided for direct measurement of Voltages and currents