View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Ambient Light and Environment Sensor Node for Sub-1GHz Networks Design Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 1963 KB)
20 May 2016 296 views
The TIDA-00758 TI Design demonstrates a low-power method of wireless environmental sensing enabling up to 10 years of coin cell battery life. The ambient light sensor enables lighting control for applications such as automatic window blinds or daylight harvesting. This design uses Texas Instruments’ SimpleLink™ ultra-low power sub-1 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) platform, and ambient light, humidity, and temperature sensing technologies to achieve interrupt-based sensor monitoring when running from the backup battery.
- Supports Interrupt Mode Radio Wake-up Triggered by Indoor LUX Levels
- Long Backup Battery Life (up to 10 Years)
- Monitors Ambient Light to Precisely Control a Building’s Lighting System
- Senses Ambient Humidity and Temperature to Control the Building's HVAC System