View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Implementing Wi-Fi Connectivity in a Smart Electric Meter Design Guide
(PDF 9545 KB)
30 Sep 2014 105 views
This design implements a three-phase energy meter with Wi-Fi connectivity. The e-meter SoC is used to perform all metrology functions and control the SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi transceiver. The smart meter data can then be displayed on any Wi-Fi connected device via a standard web browser.
- Three-phase e-meter implementation that calculates metrology parameters such as RMS current, RMS voltage, active and reactive power and energies, power factor, and frequency
- Wi-Fi connectivity over IEEE-802.11 b/g/n networks from any smart phone, tablet, or computer through a standard web browser
- 160-segment LCD display for Wi-Fi status and metrology parameter display
- Expandable to support other internet applications
- PC-based GUI for calibration