View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This camera interface design connects to a 10-bit parallel interface to the AM335x general purpose memory controller (GPMC) 16-bit multiplexed address/data bus. This design consumes roughly 150mW less power than typical USB solutions, and is ideal for applications like portable data terminals, ruggedized handhelds, portable consumer, industrial handhelds and others. The reference design is based on the QuickLogic 3.1 MP Camera Sensor (using an Aptina 3.1 MP sensor) connected to a camera expansion board. Together, they connect to the BeagleBone platform. The BeagleBone and the QuickLogic 3.1 MP camera add-on board are available for purchase.
More information about the QuickLogic 3.1 MP camera add-on board for the BeagleBone, including design files and software: http://www.quicklogic.com/solutions/reference-designs/ti-sitara-beaglebone-camera-cape/
- Supports up to 5MP camera at 10fps with DMA
- Up to 30 frames per second (fps) at VGA (640 x 480) resolution
- Reduces system power consumption up to 150mW
- No software effort required for OEM
- 6x6mm, non-HDI rules package
- This is an example sub-system design that includes schematics, BOM, Gerbers and other design files.