View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Three Phase Rogowski Coil Based E-Meter Solution Design Guide
(PDF 560 KB)
09 Sep 2014 257 views
This design, implements a highly integrated single chip electricity metering solution, with support for Rogowski Coil current sensors. Hardware and software design files are provided to enable calculation of various parameters for multi-phase energy measurement, such as RMS current & voltage, active and reactive power and energies, power factor and frequency. The added hardware and software support for Rogowski Coils make it easy to interface with Rogowski coils with minimal hardware changes when migrating from traditional current transformers. The Rogowski coil current sense library implements an efficient software integration of the Rogowski output, enabling this to be a single chip solution for 3-phase e-metering. Software package also includes a dummy application for quick and easy evaluation of the hardware and software.
- 3 phase 0.5% energy metering solution
- Low cost isolated current sensing using Rogowski Coils
- Software integrator solution – minimal hardware changes to migrate from existing CT based solutions
- Current sensing immune to EMI
- No effect of DC components of current
- No phase shift in current measurement