View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This design implements a bi-directional, non-isolated buck boost power converter, ideal for solar microconverters, hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) including Regeneration (Regen or Recuperation), and battery charging applications.
- Highly efficient design, supporting greater than 95% max efficiency.
- 250 KHz rapid switching frequency supports smaller passive components for reduced board area and greater longevity.
- Three control modes to support various application use-cases: 1) output voltage control 2) MPPT control (Input current control) 3) reverse voltage control.
- Includes Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) software for measurement of the frequency response of the power converter and verification of the stability of the design.
- Control of the converter is implemented with the C2000™ Piccolo™ TMS320F28035 microcontroller.
- Design includes User's Guide, operating sofware, Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) software and GUI, Schematics, PCB plots, BOM, and hardware source.
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package for C2000 MCUs. Download controlSUITE at http://www.ti.com/tool/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "Bi-Directional Non-Isolated Buck Boost Converter" under the Development Tools -> Digital Power section.