View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
MIFARE DESFire EV1 is an ISO14443A RFID transponder and an NFC Type 4A Tag Platform that is used in many NFC and RFID security applications due to the ability it has to operate in the clear or operate as a secure transponder using AES Encryption. This design uses the TI AES library along with a MSP430G2553 LaunchPad+DLP-7970ABP BoosterPack to provide a simple demonstration of a cost effective reader system solution for AES authentication of MIFARE DESFire EV1 tags.
Sample code described in this design can be downloaded from the design guide.
- Features NFC Reader firmware designed for the AES authentication of MIFARE DESFire EV1 Tags
- Allows users to easily change the AES keys used for authentication
- Provides a cost effective solution by using the Value Line MSP430G2553
- Firmware is portable to other microcontrollers.
- This reference design is tested and includes firmware, schematics, and User's Guide.