- Zero Standby Power NFC for Flow Meter Designs Design Guide
(PDF 1301 KB)
24 Sep 2015 81 views
This TI Design demonstrates adding Near Field Communications (NFC) capability to flow meters. The NFC Interface Transponder provides data exchange capability between flow meters and NFC readers and is compliant to ISO14443B. The transponder used in this design consumes no power while waiting to be energized by a RF field generated by the NFC reader. In addition, this design can be powered by harvesting the energy from the RF field generated by the NFC readers. These two approaches minimize the power consumption impact to the flow meters.
- Provide NFC function for flow meter designs
- Zero standby power for the NFC function
- NFC reader provides power to the NFC chip for communication
- Minimize impact on power consumption to the host