This design is a digitally-controlled, phase-shifted full bridge 600W DC/DC converter. A C2000™ Piccolo™ microcontroller is the controller for the phase-shifted full bridge converter, supporting peak current mode control and synchronous rectification. The Piccolo microcontroller implements high performance peak current mode control without any external support circuity, a distinctive capability amongst microcontroller-based designs. This design is able to achieve high efficiency across wide load ranges with peak efficiency greater than 95%, while supporting ZVS switching across the entire load range. Further, getting started with this design is easy. A GUI is provided as a convenient way to initially evaluate the functionality of the design and the Piccolo microcontroller. When ready to explore further, step-by-step documentation details the implementation of the underlying software and hardware.
- Full microcontoller-based control of phase shifted full bridge DC/DC power conversion
- 400V DC input, 12V DC output, 50A rated output (600W)
- Peak current mode control microcontroller implementation without need for external circuitry
- Synchronous recitification support for increased power efficiency
- Adaptive zero voltage switching (ZVS) across entire load range
- Fault protection including input under voltage, input over voltage, over current, and output under voltage
NOTE: Software for this board can be found inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at ti.com/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "High Voltage Phase Shifted Full Bridge Developer's Kit" under Development Tools -> Digital Power section."