View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This design demonstrates an ultra-low power general purpose infrared remote controller solution. An FRAM-based MCU MSP430FR4133 is used which supports all the necessary features like real time clock, button scan, infrared code sending, LED backlight and LCD display.
- Ultra-low power system with long battery life : as low to 3uA standby current with LCD and RTC On
- Low cost design using highly integrated ultra-low power FRAM MCU for minimum external components
- Full functional demonstration including battery detection, key-scan, RTC, infrared signal transmitting for remote controller
- SW optimized for real remote controller of air conditioner application
- Easy for evaluation, ready to use