View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- RF Sensor Node Platform for 6LoWPAN and 2.4 GHz Applications Design Guide
(PDF 969 KB)
27 Feb 2014 269 views
The RF Sensor Node Platform is intended as a miniature development platform for 6LoWPAN and 2.4 GHz applications. The platform has three on-board sensors which includes a 3-axis accelerometer, a temperature sensor and two light sensors. The RF Sensor Node Platform can be a stand-alone sensor node or can be paired to either a PLC (Power-line communication) board or an RF interface board, making a hybrid node. The RF node supports 2.4GHz RF protocols which includes 6LoWPAN or ZigBee®. Since the links between the nodes can be wired and/or wireless, hybrid networks offer better reliability and noise resistance than traditional nodes.
- On-board 3-axis accelerometer, temperature, and light sensor allows for multiple parameter sensing
- Low power MCU and RF Transceiver allows for longer battery life
- High efficiency charge pump allows for low power (1.2V) operation
- USB and JTAG interface for onboard programming and debugging
- Small development platform for 2.4GHz/6LoWPAN RF solutions