View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Spin and control three-phase brushless DC (BLDC) and brushless AC (BLAC) motors—or permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM)—using sensorless field oriented control (FOC). This design provides high-performance, power-efficient, and cost-effective control for sub-50V, 7A motors, ideal for applications like medical pumps, gates, lifts, small pumps, robotics, and automation. Sensored and sensorless trapezoidal commutation motor control techniques are also supported with this design.
- Spin BLDC and BLAC—or PMSM—motors
- Learn and apply field oriented control (FOC) and trapezoidal commutation motor control techniques
- Achieve high performance, power-efficient, and cost-effective motor control of sub-50V, 7A motors
- Intelligent control of the motor is implemented with the C2000™ Piccolo TMS320F28035 microcontroller and DRV8312 three-phase motor driver
- Fully-functional evaluation board includes NEMA17 55W Motor, operating software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface and step-by-step documentation
- Software, documentation, and hardware design files are included with a free download of the C2000 Microcontroller family’s controlSUITE software suite.