ARM® Cortex®-M4F-Based MCU TM4C129E Crypto Connected LaunchPad™ for IoT Applications
- Quick Start Guide: Crypto Connected LaunchPad Evaluation Kit (EK-TM4C129EXL)
(PDF 1899 KB)
22 Jul 2015 329 views
- Tiva C Series TM4C129ENCPDT Microcontroller Data Sheet datasheet (Rev. B)
(PDF 10424 KB)
19 Jun 2014
- Lift-off with the LaunchPad Development Ecosystem (Rev. B)
(PDF 10478 KB)
25 Sep 2015 1,918 views
Powered by hardware encryption accelerator-enabled MCUs, the Crypto Connected LaunchPad enables you to develop high performance, data protected, connected IoT applications from secure cloud connection, building/factory automation and smart grid to industrial controls.
The TM4C129E Crypto Connected LaunchPad evaluation kit is a low-cost platform for ARM® Cortex-M4-based microcontrollers. The kit design highlights the TM4C129ENCPDT MCU with on-chip Crypto acceleration hardware, 10/100 Ethernet MAC and PHY, USB 2.0, hibernation module, motion control pulse-width modulation and a multitude of simultaneous serial connectivity.
The out-of-box demo for the Crypto Connected LaunchPad demonstrates the use of Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) protocol to connect an IoT product to a cloud server securely. The TLS/SSL support is provided by WolfSSL library that uses the TM4C129E MCU’s hardware crypto accelerators which enables the development of secure connected applications at relatively higher performance. This application runs on TI-RTOS and connects to the Exosite Cloud server using HTTPS packets.
- High performance TM4C129ENCPDT MCU:
- 120MHz 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4-based microcontrollers CPU with floating point
- 1MB Flash, 256KB SRAM, 6KB EEPROM
- Crypto acceleration hardware
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY, 8x 32-bit timers
- Dual 12-bit 2MSPS ADCs, motion control PWMs
- USB H/D/O, and many additional serial communication interfaces
- Dual, stackable BoosterPack XL connection sites
- On-board, in-circuit debug interface (ICDI)
- Secured cloud connection out-of-box demonstration with TI RTOS, WolfSSL and Exosite
- Intensive SW support with Tivaware & TI RTOS and multiple tool chain support: CCS, IAR, Keil, IAR, Mentor & GCC
- TM4C Crypto Connected LaunchPad evaluation board (EK-TM4C129EXL PCBA w/ MCU)
- 90 degree 49x2 breadboard connector
- Retractable Ethernet cable
- USB debug cable
- Read Me First instructions
- TivaWare for C Series Software and an out-of-the-box demo are available to download for free
Secure your connection to the IoT cloud
Download the white paper to learn more about TM4C12x MCU hardware, software and tool solutions for IoT gateways. For many applications, attaching devices to the IoT cloud provides additional benefits to the entire ecosystem so secure your connection to the cloud today with TI.
Tour the Crypto Connected Launchpad kit with TI expert
View the newest video on the EK-TM4C129EXL launchpad kit and quickly learn the benefits of utilizing the Crypto Connected LaunchPad to evaluate TI’s TM4C12x MCU solutions for IoT applications and secure your connection to the cloud.