SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC13x0 Software Development Kit
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC13x0 software development kit (SDK) provides a comprehensive Sub-1 GHz software package for CC1310 and CC1350 wireless MCUs. The SimpleLink CC13x0 SDK includes the TI 15.4-Stack software, providing an IEEE 802.15.4e/g-based star topology networking solution for Sub-1 GHz band, along with a large set of proprietary RF examples for Sub-1 GHz based on the RF driver through the EasyLink RF abstraction layer. The SimpleLink CC13x0 SDK also packages the BLE-Stack 2.3.0 software which includes support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features, This BLE-Stack software supports customers using TI’s CC1350 wireless MCU.
The TI 15.4-stack software, proprietary RF examples, and BLE-Stack 2.3.0 leverage the TI-RTOS core for CC13xx family of devices. This offers a comprehensive software framework which encompasses the TI-RTOS kernel and middleware, as well as peripherals and drivers, providing a solid and well tested software foundation for the development of wireless applications. The SimpleLink CC13x0 SDK is part of TI’s SimpleLink MCU platform, offering a single development environment that delivers flexible hardware, software and tool options for customers developing wired and wireless applications. For more information about the SimpleLink MCU Platform, visit www.ti.com/simplelink.
This release is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 and Dual-band CC1350 wireless MCUs, and runs on TI’s CC1310 LaunchPad™ and CC1350 LaunchPad™ development kits.
The SimpleLink™ MCU SDKs
The SimpleLink MCU SDKs feature common components and device-specific middleware to speed up your time-to-market and provide a unified development experience across the entire SimpleLink MCU portfolio of wired and wireless devices. Intuitive and standardized APIs enable 100% application code portability.
Common SimpleLink SDK components:
- TI Drivers offer portable, feature-rich access to peripherals through easy-to-use functional APIs
- DriverLib hardware abstraction layer (HAL) offer lower-level access for peripheral and device-specific optimization
- OS/Kernel provides real-time, multi-tasking operation using the integrated TI-RTOS kernel, or other OS offerings such as FreeRTOS.
- POSIX-compliant APIs enable application code portability between different OS/kernels
- Examples are included in documentation and training to help you start developing
Middleware: Each device SDK incorporates additional middleware components to enable developers to take advantage of device-specific features and application-level libraries
Plugins: SDK plugins are also available to extend the functionalities of the SDK with protocols and software for external components.
- SimpleLink SDK Bluetooth® Plugin provides Bluetooth low energy wireless connectivity to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- SimpleLink SDK Wi-Fi Plugin provides Wi-Fi connectivity with CC3120 network processor to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- Sensors and Actuator Plugin enables SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs to interface with a number of analog and digital sensors and actuators from TI and 3rd-party providers
FeaturesTI 15.4-stack software offering an IEEE 802.15.4e/g-based based star network solution:
- Implements the WiSun based Frequency hopping scheme
- Flexible PHY options:
- 802.15.4g 50kbps mode
- Long range mode (5kbps)
- Medium access with CSMA/CA and LBT
- Network and device management (joining, commissioning, service discovery)
- Security feature through AES -128 encryption and integrity check
- Worldwide region support for Sub-1 GHz bands: 915 MHz FCC / 863 MHz ETSI / 433 MHz
- Dual-protocol support: BLE beacons and BLE over-the-air updates
- Support for range extender mode with CC1190
- Sensor and Collector embedded application
- Linux gateway example application: Co-processor mode for adding 802.15.4 Sub-1 GHz MAC connectivity to any MCU or MPU, with Linux host middleware
- Sensor to cloud solution with IoT agent reference design
- Proprietary SW RF examples for Sub-1 GHz band:
- TI-RTOS RF driver providing a standardized way to use the CC13xx RF core
- Easy to write low-power applications that uses the radio using EasyLink RF abstraction layer
- TI-RTOS power driver enabling automatic entering into standby
- Simple API, exposing the various APIs from the RF core
- RF settings and commands exported by SmartRF Studio
- Support for IEEE 802.15.4g 50 kbps GFSK and Long Range Mode (LRM) 625 bps, with more PHYs continuously added
- AT command interface, Packet Tx/Packet Rx, Wireless Sensor network example with BLE advertisement for CC1350
- All examples also available using CCS cloud on dev.ti.com
- TI 15.4-stack software solution: an implementation of IEEE 802.15.4e/g-based based star networking
- Proprietary SW RF examples for Sub-1 GHz band
- Bluetooth Low Energy stack - BLE Stack-2.3.0
- TI-RTOS Operating System
- TI-RTOS driver and middleware
- Project workspace examples integrated with CCS cloud and resource explorer plugins