SimpleLink™ MSP432™ Software Development Kit (SDK)
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
The MSP432 software development kit (SDK) is a comprehensive software package that enables engineers to quickly develop highly functional applications on Texas Instruments MSP432™ microcontrollers (MCUs). The MSP432 SDK is comprised of multiple compatible software components including RTOS, drivers, and middleware as well as examples of how to use these components together. In addition, examples are provided to demonstrate the use of each functional area and each supported device and as a starting point for your own projects.
The SimpleLink™ MCU SDKs
The SimpleLink MCU SDKs feature common components and device-specific middleware to speed up your time-to-market and provide a unified development experience across the entire SimpleLink MCU portfolio of wired and wireless devices. Intuitive and standardized APIs enable 100% application code portability.
Common SimpleLink SDK components:
- TI Drivers offer portable, feature-rich access to peripherals through easy-to-use functional APIs
- DriverLib hardware abstraction layer (HAL) offer lower-level access for peripheral and device-specific optimization
- OS/Kernel provides real-time, multi-tasking operation using the integrated TI-RTOS kernel, or other OS offerings such as FreeRTOS.
- POSIX-compliant APIs enable application code portability between different OS/kernels
- Examples are included in documentation and training to help you start developing
Middleware: Each device SDK incorporates additional middleware components to enable developers to take advantage of device-specific features and application-level libraries
Plugins: SDK plugins are also available to extend the functionalities of the SDK with protocols and software for external components.
- SimpleLink SDK Bluetooth® Plugin provides Bluetooth low energy wireless connectivity to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- SimpleLink SDK Wi-Fi Plugin provides Wi-Fi connectivity with CC3120 network processor to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- Sensors and Actuator Plugin enables SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs to interface with a number of analog and digital sensors and actuators from TI and 3rd-party providers
- Flexible programming paradigms from bare metal to high-level APIs support the complete product lifecycle.
- Jumpstart development with a rich set of application examples, clear documentation, getting started guides, training videos, and 24/7 online support.
- Low cost of ownership with royalty-free software and rigorous testing of all software offerings, a predictable release cadence, and simplified upgrades compliant with published APIs.
- TI-RTOS kernel: RTOS kernel developed by Texas Instruments with advanced power management capabilities
- POSIX implementation of RTOS kernel: Portability across TI-RTOS and 3rd-party POSIX-compliant RTOSes including a pre-validated implementation of freeRTOS
- TI Drivers: High-level abstraction layer with thread-safe APIs that operate across TI-RTOS and freeRTOS
- Driver Library: Hardware peripheral software APIs that abstract away the intricacy of the device's hardware registers
- Graphics Library: Create graphical user interfaces for MSP432 MCU-based systems incorporating a graphical display including the display driver layer, specific to the display in use; and the graphics primitives layer, which draws points, lines, rectangles, circles, text, and bitmap images
- Image Reformer Tool: Image size and color depth manipulation utility used in Graphics Library
- IQMathLib: A collection of highly optimized and high-precision mathematical functions for C programmers to seamlessly port a floating-point algorithm into fixed-point code on MSP432 microcontroller devices
- Wide-ranging demo suite: Showcases several software libraries included in the SDK
- Documentation: Comprehensive documentation and examples for each software components including software API Guides and User's Guides
- Migration Guide from MSP432Ware: Guide provided in the SDK as well as on TI Cloud Resource Explorer