View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
A fully autonomous IEEE802.3at, Type 2 (30W) Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) 4 Port Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) solution. An additional configuration of two non-standard, high power ports (<60W) is provided. Both configurations support Gigabit Ethernet data pass through in 1000BASE-T ports.
This reference design is made up of two boards: Motherboard (TPS23861EVM-612) and Daughter board (TPS23861EVM-613). The daughter board features two TPS23861 IEEE 802.3at PoE PSE controller devices. The motherboard provides a multi-port base platform interface for the daughter board. Additionally, the motherboard provides interfaces for two optional boards: MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad™ (if custom Power Management programmability is desired) and USB-TO-GPIO Interface Adapter (if PC GUI based Power Management configuration is desired).
The complete solution has undergone exhaustive PoE testing and passes all industry-recognized conformance/interoperability test suites allowing customers to copy/paste the design without concern. The 2-layer PCB, daughter card, design delivers all of this on a low cost platform.
• TPS23861 PSE devices default to full autonomous mode so no digital interface is required
• Passes UNH-IOL PoE Conformance/Interoperability and SIFOs Type 1/Type 2 Test Suites
• Four IEEE802.3at, Type 2 (30 W) ports and Two non-standard, high power (<60W) ports supported
• Entire design is powered by a single DC supply. Logic power is delivered by an on board 3.3V regulator (LM5007)
• I2C interface allows programming via PC-based-GUI, or Microcontroller based code
• Port ON status LEDs provides simple status indication in fully autonomous mode