View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- TIDA-00378 Schematic and Block Diagram (Rev. A)
(PDF 565 KB)
07 Apr 2016 1,401 views
- PM2.5/PM10 Particle Sensor Analog Front-End for Air Quality Monitoring Design (Rev. C)
(PDF 1584 KB)
11 May 2016 1,740 views
The TIDA-00378 TI Design provides an analog front-end solution for measuring PM2.5 and PM10 particle matter. The design detects the light scattered by particles suspended in air. A sample software algorithm is provided to convert the analog output of the design into a particle size and concentration measurement. Test result data for cigarette smoke, Arizona dust, and mulberry pollen is provided along with all software and hardware design files.
- Analog front-end design for PM2.5 (<2.5µm) and PM10 (<10µm) particle detection and count
- Dust measurement range from 340 x 103 to 991 x 103 pcs/ft3 (12 to 35 pcs/cm3) at 75% accuracy
- Zero-volt bias to minimize photodetector noise and stabilize performance over temperature
- Instrumentation amplifier topology to reject external noise sources
- Low noise, low input bias current, low offset op-amps with rail-to-rail output to maintain high SNR and increase output dynamic range
- Tested against Arizona dust, mulberry pollen, and cigarette smoke using adapted ANSI/AHAM AC-1-2013 test standard
- Full algorithm source code for PM2.5 and PM10 calculation for customization and porting