View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Advanced Motion Detector Using PIR Sensors Reference Design for False Triggers (Rev. B)
(PDF 8350 KB)
16 Oct 2017 1,369 views
This reference design is an analog front-end for an advanced motion detector based on two PIR sensors for false trigger avoidance, enabling machine learning. This design has a standard BoosterPack™ pinout, uses Texas Instruments low-power components, and runs on one AAA alkaline battery cell.
The PIR_MOTION GUI helps to run faster the data acquisition and visualization from the reference design through a number of graphs and allows control of certain parameters. It shows in real time the PIR sensor data and the wavelet transform (CWT) as well as the humidity, temperature and light sensor data.
- Two PIR sensors with separate area of detection
- Sensitivity up to >30 feet (≈ 9 m)
- Standard BoosterPack pinout
- False detection avoidance
- Battery based low-power design
- Work with different MCUs and DSPs
- Machine learning enabled