View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Automotive 400W, 95% Efficiency, 36-60V to 12V Power Ref Design for Car Battery
(PDF 7446 KB)
09 Jun 2017 855 views
This reference design is an automotive, 400-W, phase-shifted full-bridge converter which generates the 12-V output from a 48-V car battery. The enhanced phaseshifted full-bridge controller implements programmable delays which ensure zero voltage switching (ZVS) over a wide range of operating conditions. The output implements synchronous rectification, which enables fast transient response and a high loop bandwidth. The system regulates 12 V at no load with less than 100 mW of standby power. Pseudo isolation is achieved through a transformer to prevent the 48-V battery from being shorted to the secondary side. The half-bridge gate drivers can withstand a maximum boot voltage of 120-V DC.
- Phase shifted full bridge converter over the input voltage of 36V to 60V DC, output power up to 400W
- Extendable to 500W with heatsinking, easy to customize per customer needs
- Soft-switching, phase-shifted full bridge using UCC28951-Q1 analog controller, Grade 1
- Regulated 12V output with 36V to 60V input and with <100mW standby power at no load
- Adaptive delay control for high efficiency across load range