SimpleLinkTM Thread wireless MCUs
Thread is an IP-based, low-power wireless mesh network for home and building automation
- Lowest power thread platform
- Multi-year operation on a coin cell battery
- Enhanced sensor controller for ultra-low power
- The CC26x2 SDK contains the OpenThread stack
- Regular contributions to the open thread community
What is Thread?
Thread is an open standard created for reliable, cost-effective, and low-power communication in home and building automation:
- Secure, wireless mesh network protocol
- Open IPv6 based protocol allows for easy connection with existing networks
- Easy to use smart-phone commissioning
- Supports wireless device to device, device to mobile, and device to cloud communication
Sleepy end devices
Battery operated nodes that only communicate through a parent node that the Leader designated.
Router-eligible end devices
Ability to turn into a Router to ensure there is no single point of failure in the mesh network.
Routes packets within the Thread network and enables/accepts new devices joining the network.
Provides connectivity to adjacent networks (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc.). Routes packets in and out of the Thread network.
OpenThread is an open source implementation of Thread released by Nest. OpenThread is distributed on GitHub and the software is available under a BSD license. We contribute all OpenThread development efforts to the OpenThread community.
Support and training