TI DLP® Near-Infrared (NIR)
Exceptional performance for optical sensing and high-power industrial imaging applications
Near-infrared (NIR) products are optimized for 700 to 2500 nm. DLP chipsets can control high power NIR lasers to enable printing, marking and selective laser sintering (SLS) additive manufacturing. DLP chipsets enable NIR spectroscopy with high signal-to-noise ratio and programmable wavelength selection enabling single sensor designs. DLP chipsets support non-contact 3D scanning with NIR structured light patterns.
- Supports 160 Watts in the 950-1150nm spectrum
- Steers 1 million points of high power laser light
- Enables uniform optical power distribution
- Real-time system tuning
- Adaptable scan parameters
- Up to 96% optical transmission for NIR wavelengths
Reliably-performing DLP technology enables constant, fast build speeds and high resolution performance allowing for smooth finished parts with fine feature sizes.
Spectroscopy is a powerful technique for recognizing and characterizing physical materials in various phases, including solid, liquid, gas, or plasma, and may be light emitting or light absorbing.
Key application notes
- DLP High Power NIR Thermal Design Guide (PDF, 368KB)
- Optimizing the DLP® Spectrometer Signal Chain (PDF, 4167KB)
- Flexible Trade-offs in Maximizing SNR and Res. in TI DLP® Tech. Based Spec. Sys. (PDF, 1368KB)
- DLP® NIRscan™ Nano Optical Design Considerations (PDF, 207KB)
- Using Lasers With DLP DMD Technology (PDF, 278KB)