7.22 Controller Area Network Interface (DCAN)
The device provides two DCAN interfaces for supporting distributed realtime control with a high level of security. The DCAN interfaces implement the following features:
- Supports CAN protocol version 2.0 part A, B
- Bit rates up to 1 MBit/s
- 64 message objects
- Individual identifier mask for each message object
- Programmable FIFO mode for message objects
- Programmable loop-back modes for self-test operation
- Suspend mode for debug support
- Software module reset
- Automatic bus on after Bus-Off state by a programmable 32-bit timer
- Direct access to Message RAM during test mode
- CAN Rx/Tx pins are configurable as general-purpose IO pins
- Two interrupt lines (plus additional parity-error interrupts line)
- RAM initialization
- DMA support
For more information, see DCAN section in the device TRM.
The Controller Area Network Interface x (x = 1 to 2) is also referred to as DCANx.
Refer to the CAN Specification for calculations necessary to validate timing compliance. Jitter tolerance calculations must be performed to validate the implementation.
Table 7-65 and Table 7-66 present timing and switching characteristics for DCANx Interface.