6.13.5 Digital I/O
Up to nine I/O ports are implemented. For 100-pin options, Ports P1 to P8 are complete, and P9 is reduced to 4-bit I/O. For 80-pin options, Ports P1 to P6 are complete, and P7, P8, and P9 are completely removed. Port PJ contains four individual I/O pins, common to all devices. All I/O bits are individually programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Pullup or pulldown on all ports is programmable.
- Programmable drive strength on all ports.
- Edge-selectable interrupt and LPM3.5 or LPM4.5 wake-up input capability available for all bits of ports P1 and P2.
- Read and write access to port-control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise (P1 through P9) or word-wise in pairs (PA through PE).