6.10.13 CapTIvate Technology
The CapTIvate module detects the capacitance changed with a charge-transfer method and is functional in AM, LPM0, LPM3, and LPM4. The CapTIvate module can periodically wake the CPU from LPM0, LPM3, or LPM4 based on a CapTIvate timer source such as ACLK or VLO clock. The CapTIvate module supports the following touch-sensing capability:
- Up to 64 CapTIvate buttons composed of 4 CapTIvate blocks. Each block consists of 4 I/Os, and these blocks scan in parallel of 4 electrodes.
- Each block can be individually configured in self or mutual mode. Each CapTIvate I/O can be used for either self or mutual electrodes.
- Supports a wake-on-touch state machine.
- Supports synchronized conversion on a zero-crossing event trigger.
- Processing logic to perform filter calculation and threshold detection.
To learn more about MSP MCUs featuring CapTIvate technology, see the CapTIvate™ Technology Guide.