7.4 Thermal Information
||UCC27533, UCC27536, UCC27537
||Junction-to-ambient thermal resistance(2)
||Junction-to-case (top) thermal resistance(3)
||Junction-to-board thermal resistance(4)
||Junction-to-top characterization parameter(5)
||Junction-to-board characterization parameter(6)
For more information about traditional and new thermal metrics, see the Semiconductor and IC Package Thermal Metrics
application report (SPRA953
(2) The junction-to-ambient thermal resistance under natural convection is obtained in a simulation on a JEDEC-standard, high-K board, as specified in JESD51-7, in an environment described in JESD51-2a.
(3) The junction-to-case (top) thermal resistance is obtained by simulating a cold plate test on the package top. No specific JEDEC-standard test exists, but a close description can be found in the ANSI SEMI standard G30-88.
(4) The junction-to-board thermal resistance is obtained by simulating in an environment with a ring cold plate fixture to control the PCB temperature, as described in JESD51-8.
(5) The junction-to-top characterization parameter, ψJT, estimates the junction temperature of a device in a real system and is extracted from the simulation data for obtaining RθJA, using a procedure described in JESD51-2a (sections 6 and 7).
(6) The junction-to-board characterization parameter, ψJB, estimates the junction temperature of a device in a real system and is extracted from the simulation data for obtaining RθJA, using a procedure described in JESD51-2a (sections 6 and 7).