14 Device and Documentation Support
14.1 Documentation Support
14.1.1 Device Nomenclature
126.96.36.199 Definition of Terms
Capacitance Terms in Farads
- CBULK: total input capacitance of CB1 and CB2.
- CVDD: capacitance on the VDD terminal.
- COUT: output capacitance.
Duty Cycle Terms
Frequency Terms in Hertz
- fLINE: minimum line frequency.
- fTARGET(max): target full-load maximum switching frequency of the converter.
- fMIN: minimum switching frequency of the converter, add 15% margin over the fSW(min) limit of the device.
- fSW(min): minimum switching frequency (see Electrical Characteristics)
Current Terms in Amperes
- IOCC: converter output current target when operating in constant current mode.
- ID_PK(max): maximum transformer primary current peak.
- ITRAN: required positive load-step current.
- IRUN: maximum current consumption of the device (see Electrical Characteristics).
- IVSLRUN: VS terminal run current (see Electrical Characteristics).
Current and Voltage Scaling Terms
- LP: transformer primary inductance.
- NPA: transformer primary-to-auxiliary turns ratio.
- NPS: transformer primary-to-secondary turns ratio.
Power Terms in Watts
- PIN: converter maximum input power.
- PINTRX: transformer maximum input power.
- POUT: full-load output power of the converter.
- PSB: total stand-by input power.
Resistance Terms in Ω
- RIPK: primary current programming resistance.
- RESR: total ESR of the output capacitors.
- RPRL: preload resistance on the output of the converter.
- RS1: high-side VS terminal resistance.
- RS2: low-side VS terminal resistance.
Timing Terms in Seconds
- tDMAG(min): minimum secondary rectifier conduction time.
- tON(min): minimum MOSFET on time.
- tR: resonant frequency during the DCM (discontinuous conduction mode) time.
Voltage Terms in Volts
- VBULK: highest bulk capacitor voltage for stand-by power measurement.
- VBULK(min): minimum voltage on CB1 and CB2 at full power.
- VCCR: constant-current regulating voltage (see Electrical Characteristics).
- VOΔ: output voltage drop allowed during the load-step transient.
- VDSPK: peak MOSFET drain-to-source voltage at high line.
- VF: secondary rectifier, DOUT, forward voltage drop at near-zero current.
- VFA: auxiliary rectifier, D2, forward voltage drop.
- VOCV: regulated output voltage of the converter, VOUT in CV mode.
- VVDD: voltage value on VDD terminal.
- VOCC: target lowest converter output voltage in constant-current regulation.
- VREV: peak reverse voltage on the secondary rectifier, DOUT.
- VRIPPLE: output peak-to-peak ripple voltage at full-load.
- VVSR: CV regulating level at the VS input (see Electrical Characteristics).
- ΔVUVLO: VDDON – VDDOFF (see Electrical Characteristics).
AC Voltage Terms in VRMS
- VIN(max): maximum AC input voltage to the converter.
- VIN(min): minimum AC input voltage to the converter.
- VIN(run): converter input start-up (run) AC voltage.
- η: converter overall efficiency.
- ηXFMR: transformer primary-to-secondary power transfer efficiency.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
14.3 Electrostatic Discharge Caution
These devices have limited built-in ESD protection. The leads should be shorted together or the device placed in conductive foam during storage or handling to prevent electrostatic damage to the MOS gates.
SLYZ022 — TI Glossary.
This glossary lists and explains terms, acronyms, and definitions.
14.5 Related Links
The table below lists quick access links. Categories include technical documents, support and community resources, tools and software, and quick access to sample or buy.