What payment methods are available?
We accept a 3rd party line of credit (i.e. Apruve), Alipay, WeChat Pay, UnionPay, credit card, and PayPal. Customers have the option to purchase in US dollars (USD) with Apruve, Alipay, credit card and PayPal. In addition, customers in China have the ability to purchase TI products using Chinese currency (CNY) through Alipay, WeChat Pay and UnionPay which require a myTI account.
Alipay allows payment of online purchases through TI for customers located in the U.S. and China. This payment method operates very similar to other payment methods except:
- Alipay charges for your order immediately regardless of shipping status.
- Alipay USD and CNY charges are refundable for 12 months.
We accept American Express, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa, JCB and UnionPay.
How can I pay my credit card invoice?
TI.com invoices are paid by your credit card company and you will need to work directly with them to pay your credit card statements. Please do not mail checks to Texas Instruments for credit card orders.
We are happy to accept PayPal on all online purchases placed through TI. PayPal enables you to make purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information. PayPal can link to your financial account and allow you to pay in most local currencies. Click here to visit PayPal for more information.
TI does not offer PayPal in all countries. If offered, you will see the PayPal icon on the payment selection screen during the checkout process.
Because of the unique nature of PayPal purchases, some checkout processes are a little different if you pay using PayPal.
- The Bill-To address on your order must be a PayPal 'verified address.' Please make sure your account with PayPal lists your Bill-To address as a verified address.
- When you make a purchase using PayPal, you are momentarily connected to the PayPal web site during our checkout procedure via encrypted secure connection. You must complete your transaction at the PayPal site and return to TI to complete your order.
- Coupons will still work like they do for all other methods of payment.
- Completed PayPal orders are displayed online just like orders made with other methods of payment. However, your PayPal order might take a little longer to appear.
If your order is cancelled or you need a refund, the request will follow the same procedure as for other methods of payment. Your credit request will be reviewed and, if approved, a credit will be sent to PayPal to be applied to your account. PayPal will process the credit between 2-5 business days. For more information, or for a status on your credit, please contact PayPal directly. For your protection, all financial institutions deny retailers such as TI any information regarding your credit status or account history. One difference unique to PayPal should be noted if we apply more than one credit to your PayPal account:
- The first credit is applied to your original payment record within your PayPal account. This is clearly attached to your online order placed through TI and is easy for you to see.
- The second credit and any subsequent credits are applied directly to your PayPal balance and are not clearly attached to your online order. You can still track the credit in your account, but it might not be as obvious. For more information, or for a status on your credit, please contact PayPal directly.
TI.com is compatible with various mainstream browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome). If you continue with an incompatible browser, your payment will not be processed and the order will be canceled. You will need to check browser compatibility requirements for your bank prior to returning to place a new order.
Customers can use UnionPay for online purchases of TI parts and is available in the U.S and China. UnionPay offers two forms of payment options: Personal Online Banking and Corporate Online Banking.
- Personal Online Banking: Customers can complete an online purchase using Personal Online Banking by deposit and credit accounts. Charges for all items on an order are processed immediately regardless of shipping status.
- Corporate Online Banking: Customers can complete an online purchase using an enabled corporate online payment function through one of the 11 banks associated with UnionPay. Since IT order generated, customers have 24 hours to complete payments using the corporate online payment method. Within 24 hours, customer may continue to pay on the same order in Order History. After 24 hours without payment, the order will be cancelled automatically.
What bank can I select with UnionPay (business and consumer online banking)?
- Bank of Communications
- Bank of China
- Postal Savings Bank of China
- China Merchants Bank
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Construction Bank
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- China Everbright Bank
- China Minsheng Bank
- China CITIC Bank
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Not all of banks accept credit cards, it depends on bank’s requirements and settings. You may contact the bank’s customer support service directly if you have questions about credit and debit cards.
WeChat Pay allows payment of online purchases through TI.com for customers located in the U.S. and China. This payment method operates in a similar way to other payment methods, except:
- WeChat charges for your order immediately regardless of shipping status.
- WeChat charges are refundable for 12 months.
Do Alipay, WeChat Pay and UnionPay accept credit cards?
Alipay and WeChat pay accept credit cards. For UnionPay not all of banks accept credit cards, it depends on bank’s requirements and settings.
Can I change payment methods before my order has shipped?
No, a payment method cannot be changed once an order has been submitted. If you need to change the payment method, please create a new case with customer support to cancel your pending order. At that time, it will be determined if your order can be cancelled. You may then create a new order.
Can I change the payment method when using Alipay, WeChat Pay and UnionPay?
No, after selecting Alipay, WeChat Pay or UnionPay as a payment option during the checkout process you cannot change the method of payment.
Can TI issue me a refund if I forgot to apply my coupon before completing my order?
Unfortunately, coupon codes are only redeemable at the time of checkout. They may not be applied after your order is submitted. We cannot issue refunds or cash value for coupon amount.