Features for the WL1835MODCOM8B
- WLAN, Bluetooth, BLE on a module board
- 100-pin board card
- Dimension 76.0 mm(L) x 31.0 mm(W)
- WLAN 2.4 GHz SISO (20- and 40-MHz channels), 2.4-GHz MIMO (20-MHz channels)
- Support for Bluetooth & BLE dual mode
- Seamless integration with TI Sitara and other application processors
- Design for TI AM335X general-purpose EVM
- Shared HCI transport for Bluetooth and BLE over UART and SDIO for WLAN.
- WiFi / Bluetooth single antenna co-existence
- Built-in chip antenna
- Optional U.FL RF connector for external 2.4-GHz band antenna
- Direct connection to battery using external switching mode power supply supporting 4.8-V to 2.9-V operation
- VIO in the 1.8-V domain
Description for the WL1835MODCOM8B
The WL1835MODCOM8 is one of the two evaluation boards for the TI WiLink 8 combo module family. For designs requiring performance in the 5 GHz band and extended temperature range, see the WL1837MODCOM8I.
The WL1835MODCOM8 Kit for Sitara EVMs easily enables customers to add Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® (WL183x module only) to embedded applications based on TI's Sitara microprocessors. TI’s WiLink 8 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth modules are pre-certified and offer high throughput and extended range along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence (WL183x modules only) in a power-optimized design. Drivers for the Linux and Android high-level operating systems (HLOSs) are available free of charge from TI for the Sitara AM335x microprocessor (Linux and Android version restrictions apply).