TI WiLink™ 8 module family The WL1837MODCOM8I is one of the two evaluation boards for the TI WiLink™ 8 combo module family. For designs requiring performance in the 2.4 GHz band only, see the WL1835MODCOM8.
The WL1837MODCOM8I, which is compatible with many processors including TI’s Sitara™ processors, easily enables customers to add both Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® to home and building automation, smart energy, gateways, wireless audio, enterprise, wearables and many more industrial and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. TI’s WiLink 8 modules are certified and offer high throughput and extended range along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence in a power-optimized design. Drivers for the Linux and Android high-level operating systems (HLOSs) are available free of charge from TI for the Sitara AM335x microprocessor (Linux and Android version restrictions apply).
- WLAN, Bluetooth 4.1, BLE on a module board
- 100-pin board card
- Dimension 76.0 mm(L) x 31.0 mm(W)
- WLAN 2.4 & 5 GHz SISO (20- and 40- MHz channels), 2.4 GHz MIMO (20-MHz channels)
- Support for Bluetooth & BLE dual mode
- Seamless integration with TI Sitara and other application processors
- Design for TI AM335x general-purpose EVM
- Shared HCI transport for Bluetooth and BLE over UART and SDIO for WLAN
- WiFi/Bluetooth single antenna co-existence
- Built-in chip antenna
- Optional U.FL RF connector for external 2.4-GHz band antenna
- Direct connection to battery using external switching mode power supply supporting 4.8-V to 2.9-V
- VIO in the 1.8V domain