ADC energy metrology library software
The ADC energy metrology library software package implements various metrology parameters for energy measurement typical of electricity meters, power-distribution units (PDUs), and circuit breakers using high-performance, multichannel analog-to-digital converters (ADCs).
The ADC samples the output of channels at up to 8 kHz to measure the current and voltage of each leg of the AC mains. This software library can achieve high accuracy across a wide-input-current range (0.05 A to 100 A) and supports high sampling frequencies necessary for advanced power-quality features, such as individual harmonic analysis. Using an independent ADC to sample the current-sensor output provides designers greater flexibility in the choice of metrology microcontrollers when compared to application-integrated system-on-chip (SoCs) and dedicated application-specific products.
This software includes hardware abstraction layers to enable communication between an ADC and an Arm® Cortex® that can also be ported to other microprocessors using the hardware abstraction layers.
Also included is a Windows® PC GUI to display metrology parameters from the TIDA-010037 and TIDA-010036 reference designs.
The software specifically supports the calculation of various metrology parameters for energy measurement including:
- Total and per-phase active (kWh), reactive (kvarh), and apparent energy (kVAh) with pulse-generation outputs
- Total and per-phase active (kW), reactive (kvar), and apparent power (kVA)
- Total and per-phase fundamental active energy
- Total and per-phase fundamental active power
- Total and per-phase power factor
- Per-phase voltage and current root mean square (RMS)
- Line frequency
- Supply-voltage dips and sags, swells, interruptions, and under and over deviation
- Per-phase voltage total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Per-phase current THD
- Voltage phase-to-phase angle
- Per-phase zero crossing
- Fixed- and floating-point calibration factors
- Metrology calculation library
- Hardware abstraction layers for ADC and microprocessor
- Polyphase electricity meter example application
- Test report
- Windows PC GUI to display metrology parameters for electricity meter application
- Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment and IAR Embedded Workbench projects
|More literature||Compact Multichannel Current Sensing||PDF | HTML||06 Nov 2020|
Related design resources
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT (SDK)
IDE, CONFIGURATION, COMPILER OR DEBUGGER
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.