BQ24250EVM-150 Single Input I2C/Standalone Switch-Mode Li-Ion Battery Charger Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
This EVM enables test and evaluation of the Texas Instruments' bq24250/51/57 devices. The bq2425x series are highly integrated single cell Li-Ion battery chargers targeted for space-limited, portable applications with high capacity batteries. The single cell charger has a single input that operates from either a USB port or AC wall adapter for a versatile solution. BC1.2 compliant D+/D detection allows for recognition of CDP, DCP, SDP, and non-standard USB adapters. The use of an accessory dead battery provision (DBP) pin allows for the system to sync a dead battery state in order to enable/disable the BC1.2 detection in the case of an external USB-PHI. The user's guide includes EVM specifications, the schematic diagram, bill of materials, and board layout.
- High-efficiency switch-mode charger
- Synchronous fixed-frequency PWM controller operating at 3MHz for small inductor support
- USB charging compliant
- Integrated 50mA LDO
- Integrated power FETs for up to 2.0A charging rate
- Complete system level protection
- BC1.2 D+/D- detection with dead battery provision (DBP) pin to sync with external USB-PHI
- Open drain status outputs
- Power path management for the bq24250/1